Connect2First Internet, LLC (“Connect2First”) recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information, and we are committing to safeguarding your privacy. Because Connect2First respects its customers, and understands that you may be concerned about privacy, we have instituted policies intended to protect your personal information in a safe and responsible manner.
We take seriously the responsibility of protecting your privacy and the information we collect about you. The objective is to protect this information to the extent reasonably possible in accordance with this policy and normal business practices.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
To provide you with our Services, we may collect:
- Contact information which includes customer’s name, billing address, telephone number, e-mail address as well as other information required to provide service and billing to each customer. The use of Internet service from Connect2First shall give Connect2First access to and collect information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, as well as the time and date of your use.
- Billing information, including account status and payment history. Connect2First does not collect or store any Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) information for electronic payments including card number, expiration date, and/or bank routing and account numbers. All electronic payment information is stored with and processed by our payment gateway.
- Responses to customer’s survey(s) conducted by Connect2First to identity needs or to improve service
- Additional information about a customer or customer’s property and other matters obtained through services offered by Connect2First..
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individualized basis, and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
If you choose to correspond to us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages along with your email address and our responses. We also may send automated messages to you pertaining to your account, such as billing invoices and other notices. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail or telephone. We ask that you not provide us with confidential information such as social security through unsecured email.
If you need to update or correct your account information (such as your mailing address, primary customer name, which services or features you subscribe to, or other details), please call the customer service number shown on your bill.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
- When a customer creates an account and interacts with Connect2First regarding their account or other services or participation in a program available through Connect2First.
- When a customer uses voice or internet service of Connect2First.
- When a customer interacts with Connect2First through its website.
- When Connect2First interacts with third parties regarding a customer such as a credit reporting agency.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED?
Connect2First collects and maintains customer information for purposes of its operations and management. It shall not be used for any improper or unlawful purpose.
Connect2First uses the information about customers in defined and responsible ways in order to manage, provide, and improve its products, services and operations for its customers. We use the information we collect to:
- Properly deliver, maintain and improve our products, services, websites and applications;
- Fulfill requests for new service or changes to your account or the products and services you already receive;
- Provide you with technical support and high quality customer service, including through the use of recorded or monitored communications between you and our customer service agents;
- Create and administer a Connect2First account, including activating your service, billing, invoicing, and debt collection activities;
- Authenticate or otherwise provide you access to your Connect2First products and services;
- Provide updates, upgrades, repairs or replacements for any of our service-related devices or software used in providing or receiving services;
- Manage and configure our device(s), system(s) and network(s);
- Understand how the service is being used, including through the creation of operational and marketing reports based on de-identified and/or aggregated service usage information;
- Protect the security of the system, prevent fraud, detect unauthorized reception, use, and abuse of any Connect2First product, service, website or application, and to enforce any Connect2First policy or applicable terms of service;
- Protect our rights, our personnel, our property, and the safety of others;
- Maintain our accounting, tax and other records; and
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as for the general administration of our business.
We may use the information we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, if you respond to a survey, we may use that information and information from your account to send you recommendations for additional Connect2First products or services that may be of interest to you and to provide you with a more personalized experience. We may use the information to remind you of a service appointment, to follow up with you after a service request, and to send you important service-related notices and announcements.
We may send you promotional communications for products and services that may be of interest to you through the mail, by phone or text messages, or online. Some of these communications may be directed to you because of the Connect2First services to which you already subscribe, and some may be directed to you because of your general geographic location. For example, if we are launching a new service in a specific area, only residents of that particular area will receive that promotional communication.
Data about customers’ internet usage may be complied in aggregate form, and such data may be used by Connect2First to improve system operations, efficiency and overall customer service.
Connect2First retains customer information for such periods of time as required by law or regulation or as reasonably necessary to provide services.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Connect2First maintains customer information with reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, physical, and cyber safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure of customer information. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. HOWEVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN CONNECT2FIRST GUARANTEE ITS ABSOLUTE SECURITY AS NO SYSTEM CAN EVER BE FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST EVERY POSSIBLE HAZARD.
- Connect2First does not house or maintain any personal credit card data; such information is handled by our payment processor. We periodically confirm that our payment gateway provider remains in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard governing the security and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information.
- Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information as described in this policy. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes, and transactions.
- Connect2First requires its employees, affiliates, and contractors who have access to customer information to comply with this privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Customer information that customers may access through Connect2First’s online account system is protected using cyber security protocols designed to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing such information.
DOES CONNECT2FIRST DISCLOSE OR SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- Connect2First does not share customer information (e.g., a customer’s internet usage data and information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual) with third parties, except at the customer’s request, with the customer’s consent, or as described below.
- Information may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by Connect2First to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, maintenance, billing and management functions including legal, audit and collection services. Information may also be shared with other suppliers under shared service agreements or to meet operational requirements. Information will only be disclosed to such persons to the extent necessary to render the services, and only to those who agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information.
- Connect2First may disclose to and share information with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
- Aggregated information may be disclosed to third parties where necessary or beneficial for Connect2First operations (for example, to improve efficiency and overall customer service).
- We may disclose information when authorized or required by law, including a response to a search warrant, subpoena or court or law enforcement order. For example, Connect2First may be required by law to disclose information about you, including information that personally identifies you, your use of our services, and the content of your communications, to governmental entities upon receipt of valid legal process. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent and with or without notice, in compliance with the law, including the terms of process.
- Connect2First may also disclose personally identifiable information about you, without your consent, when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; to enforce our rights in court or elsewhere, or directly with you, for violations of service terms, conditions or policies; and/or as otherwise required by law.
- Information may be shared with affiliates, including Connect2First’s parent company, and partners of Connect2First, to the extent permitted by law and applicable regulations. However, Connect2First does not sell, rent, loan, exchange or otherwise release customer information to non-affiliated third parties or partners for their marketing purposes. While Connect2First has no plans to do so, if Connect2First ever changes this business practice, Connect2First will provide customers with advance notice and obtain their express consent.
- Connect2First may partner with another party to provide specific services or goods. When the user signs up for these services or goods, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services or goods. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services or goods.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR LIMITATIONS UNDER FEDERAL LAW?
Section 222 provides privacy protections for information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of your use of telecommunications services, including Connect2First Voice Services, and the information about those services contained on your bills for those services. This information is known as customer proprietary network information or “CPNI.” CPNI does not include your name, address, or telephone number, which is defined by the Communications Act as “subscriber list information.” However, that information is otherwise considered personally identifiable information.
If you are a customer of Connect2First Voice Service, or another service that is subject to these requirements, you have the right, and Connect2First has a duty, under the Communications Act to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI. In addition, the FCC’s rules provide additional privacy protections and choices regarding use and sharing of that information.